- General provisions
1.1. Mass media members (hereinafter the media) are accredited at the Eastern Economic Forum (hereinafter the EEF) in order to provide the necessary conditions for their professional activities to prepare and disseminate complete and accurate information EEF events.
1.2. Media accreditation is mandatory for work at all EEF events.
1.3. When performing their professional activities, the media is required to respect the rights and legitimate interests of EEF participants and personnel and comply with generally recognized ethical standards.
1.4. The number of media members who may attend the EEF is limited due to the organizers’ desire to provide the media with the most comfortable working conditions possible as well as access to all necessary resources taking into account the infrastructural limitations of the event site.
1.5. The EEF Organizing Committee may increase the quota based on an official request from the media provided there is a reasoned justification for such a need.
- Media accreditation
2.1 Accreditation procedure
A registration application to take part in the EEF may be submitted by both Russian and foreign media members subject to the following conditions:
- • Russian media organizations must be registered with the Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology, and Mass Media (hereinafter – Roskomnadzor);
- • foreign media members:
– must be accredited with the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs if they permanently work in the Russian Federation;
– if a foreign media member does not have accreditation from the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in addition to completing an application on the ministry’s official website, the media member must send the EEF Organizing Committee a letter on the organization’s official letterhead signed by the head and with the organization’s seal with a request to grant accreditation to the EEF (sample letter).
2.2 Accreditation quotas for the media
- • From printer publications:
- – newspapers ― 3 people (2 correspondents, 1 photographer);
- – magazines ― 2 people (1 correspondent, 1 photographer).
- • From information agencies ― 4 people (2 correspondents, 2 photographers).
- • From electronic publications ― 2 people (1 correspondent, 1 cameraman).
- • From television companies ― 7 people (2 correspondents, 1 producer, 2 cameramen, 2 sound technicians).
- • From radio companies ― 2 people (2 correspondents).
2.3 Accreditation application submission and review procedure
- • Media members who wish to take part in covering EEF events as well as media with a specialized focus who wish to take part in covering a specialized EEF business event must submit an accreditation application (hereinafter an application) via the official EEF website (www.forumvostok.ru).
- • A letter from the moderator of a business event with a request to a accredit a media member indicating the correspondent’s outlet, full name, position and passport data is required for the EEF Organizing Committee to consider an application from a media member with a specialized focus.
- • All fields must be completed in the application with particular attention paid to the mandatory fields marked with an asterisk.
- • The application submission period via the official EEF website is from 15 May to 1 August 2017.
- • The review period is at least 10 business days following the expiration of the deadline for accepting media applications for registration.
- • Media accreditation is valid for the entire duration of the EEF.
2.4 Media accreditation badge issuance procedure
- • Media members are given accreditation badges provided their registration applications are approved by the EEF Organizing Committee.
- • Accreditation badges are issued in Moscow and Vladivostok at accreditation stations. Information about the location and hours of the accreditation stations is available on the official EEF website (www.forumvostok.ru).
- • Accreditation badges may only be issued if the following conditions are met:
- – if there is confirmed accreditation in the EEF database;
- – upon presenting a passport (the passport number must match the number specified in the registration form) as well as:
- – for the Russian media – upon presenting a media identification card or, if a badge is obtained under a power of attorney, an official letter on the media outlet’s letterhead signed by the director or the person responsible for personnel management at the organization with the organization’s certified seal (sample letter);
- – for foreign media members accredited with the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs – upon presenting the accreditation card from the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- – for foreign media without accreditation from the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs – upon presenting a media identification card.
- • The badge is personalized and may not be given to third parties during the EEF. The badge must be worn in a visible place at all times when at the EEF venue.
- • Any other accreditation cards are not valid for entering the EEF venue.
- • If an accreditation badge is lost or stolen, the media member must immediately notify any Forum information desk located on the campus of Far Eastern Federal University. A lost badge will be blocked. A duplicate will be issued based on a written request.
2.5 Rules for accessing EEF events
- • Media accreditation is mandatory to work at all EEF events.
- • Media technical personnel are granted access based on the regulation for the access of technical personnel to the EEF venue.
- Denial of accreditation
The EEF Organizing Committee may deny accreditation:
- • to individuals who are not media members and do not hold the positions specified in clause 2.2 of these rules;
- • to media members who specialize in publications with a purely advertising or citation-based focus or narrow specialization that is not related to the EEF theme except for industry-based publications.
- • The EEF Organizing Committee reserves the right to deny accreditation without explanation.
- Rights and obligations of media accredit at the EEF
4.1 Media members accredited at the EEF may:
- • utilize all services specifically intended for the work of journalists and press service employees;
- • obtain information about official EEF events and exhibitions (press releases, business programme, participants, catalogues of participants, etc.);
- • work at the EEF Press Centre during official events using the infrastructure of the EEF Press Centre;
- • attend press conferences, briefings and other press events.
4.2 Media members accredited at the EEF must:
- • verify the accuracy of the information they report;
- • fulfil the requests of individuals who provide information with a reference to its source;
- • inform citizens and officials about any audio or video recording, filming or photography when obtaining information from such individuals;
- • present a media identification card or another document certifying the identity and credentials of the media member when engaging in professional activities if and when requested;
- • not use their professional capabilities to conceal information or falsify public information or collect information for a third party or organization that is not a media outlet;
- • suspend (stop) photography or video recording at the request of EEF security service officials;
- • not disseminate printed materials on the territory of the EEF without approval from the EEF Organizing Committee;
- • when using official information and quoting statements from EEF participants, adhere to the EEF ‘Citation Policy’, specifically: finished materials must contain a reference to the EEF and the source of the information obtained, and for electronic media – a reference to the official EEF website (www.forumvostok.ru). Any amendments, additions or distortions of copied (cited) information are not permitted.